Another big year for Southern Oregon University’s football team. The Raiders have made it to the NAIA football title game for the second year in a row. The number of people wanting to watch the game together is expected to be high so the university started looking for gathering spots to notify fans about.
“This is a huge deal for SOU, our students, and all of our alumni around the country,” said the University’s Director of Alumni Relations, Michael Beagle. Alumni and supporters will be able to gather wherever they want, of course, but eight places are promising to cater to Raider fans, “We have thousands of alumni residing in the Rogue Valley and we wanted to make sure they had a location to gather and cheer on the Raiders. We really appreciate these local businesses making that available,” Beagle said.
If you are looking to watch the game with like minded Raider fans here are some locations:
- Medford: Mr. Smith’s Sports Bar & Grill at 401 E. Jackson St.,
- BricktownE Brewing Company at 44 S. Central Ave.,
- The SOU/RCC Higher Education Center at 101 S. Bartlett St. “We wanted to make sure that the community also had a family-friendly venue on our Medford campus to watch the game,” according to Jeanne Stallman, SOU’s executive director of outreach and engagement. “We will be showing the game on the huge screen in Presentation Hall and refreshments will be served. We’d hope to draw a large contingent of Raiders supporters!”
- Ashland: RedZone Sports Bar N’ Grill at 303 E. Main St.,
- Oak Tree Northwest Bar & Grill at 2510 Ashland St.,
- Northwest Pizza & Pasta Co. at 1585 Siskiyou Blvd.,
- Omar’s Restaurant at 1380 Siskiyou Blvd.
- Central Point: Pizza Schmizza Pub & Grub at 1350 Plaza Blvd.
The game will also be streamed live on ESPN 3. The live stream can be accessed at http://espn.go.com/watchespn/.
SOU earned its opportunity to take on Marian Univeristy (Ind.) in the title game by defeating Morningside (Iowa) 30-27 in the national semifinal in Sioux City, Iowa.
Kickoff for the championship game is scheduled for 3 p.m. PST, Saturday, Dec. 19.