Why Impenetrable Academic Language is Classist AF

Photo by pexels.com I’m a fourth-year college student. At this point in my student career, I have read countless articles on literary theory, from the sex-cited body in Margaret Atwood’s novels to phallic symbolism in Bram Stoker’s Dracula. However, I…

Ashland Earns Eighth MovieMaker Honor

Photo courtesy of the Digital Cinema Program Ashland does it again: MovieMaker magazine added Southern Oregon University’s hometown to its 2021 list of Best Places to Live and Work as a Moviemaker. This designation marks the eighth consecutive year that the national magazine…

Explore Interpersonal Growth in the New Psychology Course, Group Exploration

Photo courtesy of Steve Miller Come explore interpersonal growth with your undergraduate peers in Group Exploration (PSY 319 6986). This is a 1 credit pass/no pass experiential course. PSY 319 provides an opportunity to engage in self-exploration in a supportive…

The ‘Not-So-Hot’ History of Valentine’s Day and How to Combat ‘Not-So-Hot’ Love

Photo courtesy of Javier Leddy Photography Much like love itself, Valentine’s day’s origin remains a mystery full of lust, conflict, and ancient history. While Christian entities believe that Valentine’s day commemorates the death of Saint Valentine, many believe that this…

Cultivate Your Spiritual Self during a Pandemic: Say “Goodbye” to TikTok and “Hello” to Cultural Relativism

Photo by Anuhea Nihipali At first glance, the cultivation of the spiritual self using TikTok seems like astute and positive platform engagement during isolation, but there may be a misinformed, white-washed underbelly to these well-intended pursuits. One’s early 20s should…